Monday, September 22, 2008

Weekend in Aggieland...WHOOP!!!

Jason and I went to College Station this weekend. We got tickets from the Genella's...thanks Laura and Charlie. We had so much fun! I was so excited when Jason told me we were going to the football game. I immediately starting planning the places that I wanted eat. There is nothing better than greasy college food. Jason convinced me to take a half day from school, which I never do. (I missed one day last year but it was for a workshop so that does not count.) We left for College Station at 12:30. We stopped at Chuy's on the way for lunch...what a great start. Friday night we want to the A&M soccer game. After the game, we headed to Layne's for the "soon to be famous chicken fingers" and secret sauce...yum!! Saturday we loaded up on new Aggie gear at two different tent sales. I love the tent sales because you can get great t-shirts for cheap. We had lunch at Chicken Oil Company (one of our favorites) before the game. I enjoyed driving around all of the streets and looking at all of the changes. I had not been back in two years so there were tons of new things to see. We meet Laura and Charlie at their family tailgate and then headed to the game. Before the game, Jason and I walked around campus. It is crazy that I was so ready to graduate and now I would pay to go back. I miss the easy college life. We headed to the game only to get beat up on...that is alright Aggies...next time. After the game, we headed back to McKinney but stopped at Double Dave's for one last college meal. It was the perfect trip. I hope we can make this a new tradition every year. We need to get a big group together...it would be so much fun! Here are some pictures from the weekend.

Jason and I at the soccer game.


Full of Layne's Chicken Fingers, Fries and Toast



Jason before we ate at Chicken Oil Company

Jason and I at our favorite table at Chicken Oil Company.

We love the fireplace in the winter!

Jason and I at the football game...WHOOP!!!

7 comments:

penguinette said...

I wish I knew you were there. We were too! I am really sad I didn't enjoy Layne's with you. We were with friends and they wanted Johnny Carino's. But Layne's will be visited at the next game. Good for you for taking some time off school. Time at Aggieland is much more important. Beat Army! :)

Amy said...

i love you guys! it looks like the two of you had too much fun! we did not make it to the Tech game... i got sick and the tickets did not get here on time :( Anyways, we watched the Aggie game & kept telling the boys that you two were there! thanks for the picks... the talk of the food is making me hungry!
love you~

Unknown said...

I am so jealous! Jason and I love Layne's and we always make a stop there when in Aggieland. We should all go together next year. Maybe the Aggies will be better next year.

New

Mandy said...

WHOOP!!!! I love that place, and you two look so cute!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Yea! You updated your blog again! You and Jason are just too cute. When we go visit K-State, I always plan my trip around greasy college food too. That's the best part about a college town!

Melissa said...

Sounds like my kind of weekend...sports and food!

Anonymous said...

WHOOP! :)
Glad yall had a good time!