Monday, October 12, 2009

Keegan Scott's Arrival

Yesterday was our first full day at home with Keegan. We are having so much fun with him. I can't tell you how good it feels to be home and away from the hospital. The hospital staff was great but nothing beats home sweet home. Jason and I both agree that was one of the longest weeks, but well worth every second of it. We checked into the hospital at 5PM on Monday, October 5th. I was in the hospital bed and started on cervadil by 5:30PM. My water broke at 2:05AM, they quickly started me on potacin, and I had my epidural by 3 AM. Things progressed very slowly throughout the day on Tuesday. By 5:00PM on Tuesday, October 6th Dr. Bailey felt that a c-section would be the best way to get Keegan here. Jason and I agreed. We were so excited to meet Keegan after the long night and day. Jason was scrubbed in for the c-section by 5:30 PM. We were told that we would be meeting Keegan by 6PM. Our c-section was moved back twice because of emergency c-sections. At 9PM, I was wheeled into the surgery room, and Keegan was born at 9:09PM. During my labor, I had a fever that ranged from 99.5 to 101. They started me on antibiotics early Tuesday morning to help with the infection. After Keegan's delivery, they felt it would be best for me to stay on antibiotics until Friday morning. Poor Keegan also had to take antibiotics, and he had to stay on antibiotics until Sunday. It broke my heart every time I saw his little IV. Sunday at 12 he got his last antibiotic. We were literally waiting at the hospital room door to take him home.

Keegan is adorable and so sweet! It amazes me how you can love someone so fast with all of your heart. I could just stare at him all day. He cracks me up with all of the faces that he makes. I can't wait until we can capture all of them in pictures. Jason and I are looking forward to watching him grow. Although, I think it is going to break my heart each time I have to pack up a size of clothes that he has outgrown. We can't wait to watch his personality develop. We pray that Keegan will be a man of God.
We are so thankful to all of our family and friends that have supported us this week. We could not have done it without all of your help! Here are a few pictures from the hospital. I promise to post more soon.

Jason scrubbed in and ready for the c-section.



My first time to see sweet Keegan's face.

Jason loving on Keegan after they came back from the nursery.

2 comments:

Mix and Match Mama said...

He is so sweet! We are so happy for you!!!

acwylie said...

Yay! Pictures! I'm so excited for you and Jason. I can't wait to meet the little guy. I bet your mom and dad are soooo proud!! Take care!